‘0:2→2:2’ Kim Eun-jung-ho earns Honduras a desperate draw… Kim Yong-hak-Park Seung-ho goals

South Korea earned a hard-fought draw against Honduras.

Kim Eun-jung’s men drew 2-2 with Honduras in their second Group F match of the FIFA U-20 World Cup Argentina 2023 at the Mendoza Stadium in Mendoza, Argentina, on Saturday. South Korea, who beat France 2-1 in the first leg, drew 1-1. Honduras drew 1-1.먹튀검증

South Korea went with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Lee Seung-won, Kim Yong-hak, Lee Young-joon, Bae Jun-ho, Kang Sang-yoon, Kang Sung-jin, Bae Seo-joon, Kim Ji-ji, Choi Seok-hyun, Park Chang-woo, and Kim Jun-hong (GK) started. Compared to the previous match against France, Bae Jun-ho returned to the starting line-up in place of Lee Chan-wook, who was rested due to adductor fatigue.
Honduras’ Ochoa gets sent off just three minutes after scoring the opening goal… 0-1 at half-time
As expected, it was Honduras who controlled the early flow. Honduras threatened the Korean defence by using individual players to break through the flanks. Korea was unable to create any attacking opportunities due to their tight line and pressure.

In the 18th minute, Honduras’ frontline striker Aseituno was forced off with an injury and Carter was introduced. Carter earned a penalty kick (PK) with his first touch. He was tripped by Choi Seok-hyun inside the penalty box and the contact appeared to be natural. However, the referee called for a video assistant referee (VAR). After a lengthy review, he awarded the PK.

In the 22nd minute of the first half, Ochoa, the PK kicker, slotted the ball home with his right foot to give Honduras a 1-0 lead. Goalkeeper Kim Jun-hong read the direction, but the ball just missed his fingertips.

However, just three minutes later, South Korea gained a numerical advantage when Ochoa, who had scored the goal, was sent off. Ochoa hit Bae Seo-Joon in the face with his hand during a ball contest. The referee initially showed a yellow card, but after a VAR check, he pulled out a red card.

With the numerical advantage, South Korea increased their possession and put Honduras under pressure. However, the attack was slow in coming. It wasn’t until the end of the first half that they broke through. Korea’s first shot on target came in the 43rd minute. Kim Yong-hak hit a powerful left-footed shot from the right side of the box, but the goalkeeper dived to save it.

Then, in the 45th minute, Lee Seung-won fired a shot from behind the arc circle that was deflected by the defence. In first-half stoppage time, Kim Young-hak fired a thunderous shot from behind the arc circle, but it went just wide of the goal. The first half ended 0-1.

Korea pushes forward with numerical advantage, Kim Yong-hak scores – Park Seung-ho equalises!
South Korea pushed hard at the start of the second half. In the second minute of the second half, Kang Sung-jin beat the defence with a solo run in the box and fired a shot straight at the keeper.

After setting the tone, Korea was hit by a Honduran counterattack. In the fifth minute of the second half, Castillo took a pass from Carter and rattled the net with a right-footed curling kick. The score was extended to 0-2.

South Korea made a change, dropping midfielder Bae Joon-ho and defender Park Chang-woo, who had been cautioned, and bringing on Park Seung-ho and Cho Young-kwang. Park Seung-ho immediately threatened the opposition goal with a sharp header.

The Koreans continued to press forward and finally found the equaliser. In the 13th minute of the second half, Kim Yong-hak rattled the net with a powerful shot after receiving a sensational pass from Lee Young-joon in the box.

Five minutes later, South Korea equalised to make it 2-2. Substitute Park Seung-ho was the solution. In the 17th minute of the second half, he rose to meet a corner kick from Lee Seung-ho and split the goal with a deflected header. Unfortunately, Park was stretchered off with an injury shortly after the goal.

Buoyed by the momentum, South Korea continued to push Honduras in search of an equaliser, but it was not to be. In the 40th minute, Cho Young-kwang’s cross from the flank found the top corner of the net. In stoppage time, Kang Sung-jin received a pass from Kim Yong-hak in the box and fired a shot that was saved by the goalkeeper. In the end, Korea was unable to find the equaliser and the game ended 2-2.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *